I am a hands-on learner who excels in a variety of engineering roles. I've worked with various technical management areas and have a proven track record of success within them. My extensive experience as a Software engineer, DevOps engineer, and IT manager covers the entire scope of the software development life cycle.
New York, US
Director of IT Infrastructure
May 2017 - Present
- Planned and executed a project to adapt Cloud Native technologies, specifically Kubernetes, Istio, Prometheus and Grafana. In addition, ArgoCD was used to implement GitOps practices, which reduced the complexity of configuration management.
- Introduced CI / CD practices and principles implemented using TeamCity to reduce the risk of damage and make workload maintenance easier.
- Designed specifications for production-grade workloads using AWS Well-Architected framework to reach higher reliability, durability, and perceived quality standards.
- Recruited top-tier candidates capable of filling key positions in the company.
- Persuaded adaptation of Kanban agile methodology and participated in the migration from Redmine to Jira to increase team productivity and efficiency.
- Reduced AWS costs by 20% by optimizing cross-AZ data transfer consumption to sustain the company during COVID-19.
Aug 2016 - May 2017
- Built a library of Terraform modules to standardize deployments using Autoscaling Groups, Launch Templates, and Cloudinit that provides scalability and high availability.
- Utilized Terraform and Terragrunt to address resource management issues such as configuration drift, "snowflakes" deployments, overhead costs. Worked along with the team on migration.
- Coordinated migration from EC2 Classics to EC2 VPC that allocated non-client facing workloads within private subnets thereby reduce the risk of potential security vulnerabilities.
- Built a library of Ansible roles and playbooks that covers provisioning and configuration management, reinforced code quality standards using Molecule. Worked along with the team on integration.
- Implemented DevOps best practices to replace error-prone processes, lowering human factor risks and reducing "toil" work.
- Built internal tools based on Homebrew that standardized development process and reduced time spent on workstations maintenance.
- Risk Management
Senior Software Engineer
Nov 2012 - Aug 2016
- Built numerous key product components using Python, Django, gRPC, Protobuf, MongoDB, and Redis, including content management system, notifications system, and payments sub-system.
- Optimized Django application to level performance degradation caused by continuously growing application complexity and established practices for platform-wide performance tracking using NewRelic APM.
- Utilized Sentry to improve teams' ability to track errors and to reduce incident resolution time.
- Diagnosed and resolved deadlocks in distributed tasks queue based on Celery and Eventlet to improve CPU utilization by 30%.
- Resolved connectivity issues between Django application and MySQL database in order to improve service stability during high load events.
New York, US
Dec 2011 - Nov 2012
- Led the migrations from MySQL to Postgres to reduce the complexity of geo-locational services and from dotCloud to AWS to improve operational stability.
- Improved and maintained automation scripts in Bash and Python to reduce delivery timings.
- Worked with the development team to create and support local environments using Vagrant in order to improve development workflows and reduce maintenance costs and complexity.
- Built RESTful APIs in Python using Django framework that served data to customer-facing web app.
Specialist degree in Information Security
Sep 2006 - Aug 2011
- +7 919 213 43 54
- +995 595 960 393
Programming and scripting • Python, Bash